Applying for - HGV Driver
HGV Driver required by a leading building and construction company to join their Welham Green depot on a full-time, permanent basis.
As an HGV Driver you will deliver the company’s products in and around the M25. Your day to day duties will include:
- Comply with all drivers hours and Road Transport Directive legislation
- Load and unload vehicle and maintain safety and security of load at all times
- Carry out all necessary checks to ensure vehicle is safe and legal and to follow appropriate procedures if it is not
- Act as company ambassador when dealing with customers
- Complete all paperwork promptly and accurately as required (include any electronic devices that might be used, scanners, hand held POD etc)
- Plan and adapt routes as necessary and feedback to traffic office on any issues around load planning and routing
- Operate all vehicle systems including HIAB and Moffett
- Comply with all Health & Safety requirements in depot, on road and at customers premises and to take responsibility for ensuring own fitness to drive at all times
The successful HGV Driver should have:
- Full HGV licence with HIAB or Moffett with multi-drop experience, with no more than 3 points on your licence (with no previous DD/IN convictions).
- Full and valid CPC qualifications.
- Physically fit and possess a good level of literacy
- Good planning skills and the ability to show initiative and a strong positive attitude
- Knowledge of driving legislation particularly tachograph requirements
- You will be prepared to work flexible hours to meet customer needs
- Communication skills and the ability to form good relationships with customers
- Responding effectively to achieve branch targets and performance goals.
- Self-motivated with the drive to achieve required standards and goals
- £30,000 salary
- Company Pension Scheme
- 23 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Hours of work: Monday - Friday 6am-4pm and alternative Saturdays 7am - 1pm
Welham Green, Hertfordshire
£30,000 + benefits